Where is guest parking?
- As you enter the campus, you will pass the house where many of our Sunday School classes meet. Continuing on the concrete drive, you will also pass a garage that we use for Sunday School and fellowship. Just past this building, you will see a sign indicating where you should drive on to the grassy area between the two garages. Please watch for families and children walking in this parking area!
- After you have parked, please come to the house. We will then direct you to the proper Sunday School class for every member of your family.
What is there for my kids?
- We are a family church and serve families with kids (lots of kids!)
- We use The Gospel Project for our Sunday School classes on Sunday mornings and we do AWANA on Sunday nights. Both of these curriculums/programs emphasize the importance of God’s Word and helping our children learn and love the Bible and Jesus and the Church.
- We provide classes for all ages; from infants to Senior Citizens.
- We do provide snacks in some of our Sunday School classes. Please let us know if anyone in your family has any allergies.
- We do use a check-in system to help us protect your children. We’ll be happy to give you more complete details when you arrive on campus.
How do I become a Christian?
- The Bible teaches us that we are all sinners, and cannot repair the broken relationship that exists between God and us. The Bible tells us that God sent His only Son, Jesus to pay the price for our sins and if we confess our sins and believe in Him and ask Him to be the Lord and Savior of our life, He will save us.
- We believe that once you are saved, you should follow our Savior’s example and be baptized. Baptism is the first step of obedience for a new Christian.
How do I join the church?
- Blackman Baptist Church believes in covenant membership. All members agree to sign a covenant (promise) agreement in which the church and the members promise each other to do certain things.
- Our Membership Covenant is detailed here.
- If you are interested in joining Blackman Baptist Church, please contact one of the Pastors for more information.
How do I join a Sunday School class?
- We have Sunday School classes for every age group.
- We use The Gospel Project for all ages. Parents are encouraged to talk with their children at home about the Sunday School lessons the children learned.
- How do you join a Sunday School class? Attend faithfully and you’re in!
- View our Adult Sunday School classes.
Why do you have a Confession of Sin and Confession of Faith each Sunday?
- Christians are not perfect, but we are forgiven. The Bible teaches us to confess our sins, and even though the Lord has saved us, we are still far from where we need to be! So, in humility, we have a time of confession of sin each Sunday morning where we quietly confess our sins to the Lord and ask for His forgiveness. We then stand and confess our faith, boldly together.
How can I help?
- We are an active church and we encourage everyone to participate in some way. You’ve heard of the 80/20 rule; 80% of the work gets done by 20% of the people. At Blackman Baptist Church, we believe EVERY member should be participating in some ministry.
- Please pray about how you can bless the Body with your service.
- There are three main ways to connect with Blackman Baptist Church; Sunday School, Worship, Community Groups. There are ample opportunities in each of these areas.
- Please contact a pastor or deacon with your willingness to serve.
What denomination is Blackman Baptist Church?
- Blackman Baptist Church is voluntarily associated with the Southern Baptist Convention. We participate with the SBC in mission work on the local level (Concord Baptist Association); state level (Tennessee Baptist Association); national and international level (Southern Baptist Association).
How can I learn more about the Baptist Faith and Message?
- More detailed information can be found here at the Southern Baptist Convention website or feel free to contact us here.
How do I contact the church for weddings, benevolence, facility usage?
- Please send a detailed request to info@BlackmanBaptist.org. Please note that currently the grounds and buildings are reserved for church and member use.